Thread: 2.3 & Mazzle
View Single Post
10-15-07, 11:30 AM   #7
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gaeline
Just bare in mind that this patch is going to be a major major patch, a lot has been changed, but a lot more is planned. Everything seemed grand after testing Mazzle on 2.2 PTR's when you turned off sanity, but we all seen how much had to be fixed once it went live...

I wish I was better at understanding LUA myself and would help if I could, but I wouldn't hold my breath on the hopes of a perfect transition when the patch does finally land. (Seems that they are planning on a long stint on the PTR's also since there are a load more class changes planned at the least.)
Yea, I'm pretty concered about DuF and Bongos given their sheer size and the compilations dependance on their functionality. I've gone so far as to make my own UI using Bongos2, Pitbull, and some other updated mods that mimic the aesthetics of Mazzle, but without the great automation and setup it offers I may go back to Mazzle after 2.3 if it doesn't cripple it too badly, or if Mazz decides to give the paid service a shot after all.

PS
For others consideriong the same, I can't say enough great things about Pitbull. It's level of customization is rediculous, however, the time investment and lack of documentation tends to scare some folks off.