View Single Post
11-11-07, 10:00 AM   #36
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am sure lag can be an issue for many, but for some people with enough processing power it would not really matter. I still think tracking cooldowns will not be reliable enough in PvP to be decisive for the well-trained players, but since the info exists and out of curiosity I looked into some code. This is definitely not within NECB main scope and I think it already does more than the initial author intend "enemy cast bar". However it should be tracked by Antagonist. The event log API is still not completely documented for combat but from what we can find I think the problem might be Antagonist does not register CHAT_MSG_SPELL_PERIODIC_SELF_DAMAGE for PARSE_CASTS_HITS which is responsible for cooldowns handling. I think this would be the proper event since the combat message has the "You are afflicted by %s." format. It may have been overlooked because it tracks an enemy cooldown for a debuff applied to you. Just an idea, anyone cares to verify that?

But like we said even if that triggers the tracking you will only get the default cooldowns, like the 180s for Blind which may be shortened by talents. Even with the X/Y/Z availability you will still not know if the enemy has or not the talent. And it still does not mean he will use it right away or even ever during the rest of the fight. Approximate timers would be more misleading than anything else, having the general feeling of when it is going to happen again based on your experience and the enemy play style would be as good. Again the UI community is huge and there are addons for everything and anything (literally anything), so it would be surprising no one ever did that if it was that much relevant. Maybe it is something new and no one ever looked into it, what do I know after all being an ignorant and all.

Last edited by Kaomie : 11-11-07 at 10:52 AM.