View Single Post
12-11-07, 06:31 PM   #30
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Xinh
I guess I must be using the "Unstable" branch of WoW AddOns since most of my mods are from various Gcode SVNs or the Branches of the WoWAce SVN. Then again I guess I am a sucker for being used as a lab rat having beta tested various large open source projects (Phoenix/Firebird/Firefox among others), and also Windows XP back in the day, not to mention testing my own code/hacks/tweaks (/shudder) .

To the OP, if you really want to see updates to FuBar, this site is not the place to request this as the author (Ckk) does not frequent this site. Instead you want to use the WoWAce site (to be more specific, the Jira site http://jira.wowace.com). However before you even think of posting on WoWAce or Jira read this site first: How To Ask Questions the Smart Way. Although the site I just linked to is more directed to toward those posting on various Linux/Windows open source newsgroups/web forums, the points raised are valid with dealing with WoWAce (or even WoWI). If you follow the advice given you will more likely get an answer to your questions/concerns and you may even contribute to the process of updating by offering feedback in a form that the developer will actually read as opposed to simply discarding it due to being just another poorly worded/thought out rant that gets received in their hundreds.

I know what its like to keep AddOns updated across several sites and trust me, its a royal pain in the rear. Thus I am one of those authors who has moved to releasing to just one site. Remember, this is a hobby for us, not a job. Once it starts looking like a unpaid job, then that is our clue to find something else to occupy our time.

I'd like to see fixes, not updates. If updates fix the issues, great. If they are updates for the sake of updates (simple toc updates), then no thanks. For the record, I have used Jira and currently have an open ticket for the specific technical issues I've already listed as examples in this thread. Others have posted similar open tickets. They are not being addressed, and haven't been in some time now. Thus, it seems like it's dying. Thus, it leads to frustration. Thus, I started this discussion. We've come full circle now.

I'm still interested in finding out the Fubar revision numbers others have posted about in this thread that contain no bugs. Perhaps when that response comes through, I'll be a satisfied and once again happy camper with the state of Fubar. Who knows though?

Actually, if you check the Fubar Jira site, you will see someone else has even proposed fix(es) for these issues that have also fallen upon "deaf ears". In any event, this is only important and relevant here as it contributes to my reasoning for posting. I'm not being critical for the sake of being critical.