View Single Post
03-06-08, 03:41 PM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SO what is better Pitbull or Xperl ?

This more of personal preference, both will display the same information. If you are into totally tweaking then Pitbull has the edge. If you are just looking for something that works "out of the box" with out much hassle then Xperl. Also many PvPers use ag_UnitFrames (agUF) however it has fewer features than Xperl or Pitbull.

Im also being told Titan is a bit out dated and i should go with Fubar.

Titan was out of date, however a new dev team (rather than just one author) has picked up development. At this current time Fubar has the edge in plug-ins however there are some interesting ideas on the horizon. The Titan dev has put a lot of work into the latest version. You can find it on this site. Personally I use Fubar and have used for the last couple of years (back when it was known as "Boss Panel") however previously I had used Titan Panel (it was my first ever WoW AddOn)

what i have noticed with these addons i cant seem to see my combo points count. So im blindly doing my finishing moves . So that needs to be changed ASAP.

Try NugComboBar (found on this site). Xperl has the option of displaying combo points in the name bar in addition to the Blizzard version. Once it is full, you got five combo points. Pitbull can display either/both graphic combo points (which you change the size and placement of) or numerical combo points (again you change the size and placement of such)

So here is a bit of a small list i would like.

1. i would love combat txt to scroll on my screen.
SCT/SCTD, MiksScrollingBattleText (MSBT), Parrot. I like both MSBT and Parrot, MSBT is a bit lighter in resources, Parrot is more customizable.

2. combo points to also scroll on my screen.
Any of the Scrolling Combat Text mods I listed can display that, you may have to enable it

3. enemy cast bar with what they are casting.
Quartz, AzCastBar. Pitbull, agUF and XPerl also have cast bars/enemy cast bars.

4. a smaller set of hot buttons, that takes up less room and i can make the buttons smaller and stack roughly 3 to 4 sets of bars in the middle of my screen so i can still see every thing on the left and right side of them
Bongos2, Bartender3, Trinity Bars are excellent choices here, I use Bongos2

5. im being told it's a archud has my health around my toon and my manna on the other side kida like a half circle .
ArcHUD, DHUD, DaHUD, mHUD, IceHUD among others

6. a cool down count down
OmniCC for CD counts on your buttons, for bars Hourglass, CooldownTimer2 among others. I personally use OmniCC since it works with so many mods and the CD bar from Forte Warlock

This is just on my rogue.

For my caster friends please do help me out cause im just lost with these addons, but i want a clean screen yet with all the info that is needed to acomplish my goals.
Most of what mentioned previously will work for casters as well. Enemy cast bars for seeing what your target is casting so you use your countermeasures (Polymorph/Blink/Counterspell). CD timers are useful, you may also want to consider spell timers such as DoTimer, Chronometer, ClassTimers

I do thank you for your time and insite can't wait to see what is shown to me on the addons

All these mods can be found on this site http://www.wowinterface.com or on the WoWAce files site: http://files.wowace.com. The mods I listed will form the basis of a solid UI, anything else is just filler.

The List: (mods marked with * I currently use)

Unit Frames
- Xperl - WoWI
- Pitbull - WoWAce*
- ag_UnitFrames - WoWAce

SCT mods
- SCT/SCTD - WoWI/WoWAce
- MiksScrollingBattleText - WoWI*
- Parrot - WoWAce

Combo Displays
- NugComboBar - WoWI*
- various unit frame mods

Cast bars/Enemy cast bars