View Single Post
05-29-11, 09:32 AM   #1
Voltec
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Smile Requesting option to use 'Taxi' routes even it's not optimal

As I mentioned in this thread:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30810

When I'm doing repetitive flying like working archeology, it is VERY desired (at least by me) to be able to use the nearest Taxi even if it's not quite the optimal route. I have an epic mount on 2 of my toons and with that, it appears that Carbonite never recognizes the flight paths to be the preferred route even with 'Use Travel Routes' enabled. I'm guessing it's that I now fly close enough to the taxi speed that using a taxi wouldn't save any time.

But

When I'm flying repeatedly, it kinda sucks to have to point my flying mount in the right direction, and try to aim it fairly level before looking at something else... but this is not foolproof unless I fly at a very high altitude (or mountains can get in the way if I'm not paying attention). It would be HIGHLY beneficial if I could fly my flying mount to the nearest taxi and then fly to the nearest taxi to my target area... and then fly using my mount to the location.

You could even make it adjustable, all you'd have to do is put in a slider that you could range to how much loss of time (or percentage) would be acceptable for using a travel route vs flying ourselves... so if I didn't mind losing 2 minutes or 25% of the optimal time in flying time to use a taxi instead then I'd adjust the slider and it would use that to calculate the desired route.

I hope that this could be implemented in the future... and I'd absolutely welcome comments by others that agree or disagree with this.

Thanks!

Last edited by Voltec : 05-29-11 at 09:34 AM.