View Single Post
07-19-10, 09:30 PM   #46
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
I think a lot of people don't really get that Wow 4.0 is really WoW 2, the sequel to WoW, and that the entire game is changing.
WoW 4, check. we old-timers already went through this already, twice... already. with both Burning Crusade and WotLK, philosophy/theorycraft/balance/API/everything changed fairly broadly (at least, it all seemed pretty big at the time). this will be the third iteration of that process. sounds even bigger this time around, though (Blizzard seems intent on some major "simplification", rather than adding chrome... which is probably good).

has anyone tried Aloft yet? is it even minimally functional? i am pending a WoWI developer key (would be wonderful if i ended up with one).

i have already seen the post here in the WoWI forums on the new nameplate console variables (trying to figure out how to rationalize Blizzard dynamically resizing nameplates based on threat with what Aloft already does... if Blizzard continues to treat addon control of nameplate frame size as a "protected" operation, i will probably have to disable nameplate frame resizing/padding, at least as a user option).
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

Last edited by acapela : 07-19-10 at 09:36 PM.