View Single Post
02-04-10, 02:36 AM   #14
Amenity
Originally Posted by Saiket View Post
I'm leaving out parts of the story on purpose, since this is an official Blizzard Fan Site, and the mods would be obligated to delete any post detailing how model edits work. Patch MPQs that modify geometry or other client data require hacks be run alongside WoW to fool the game into using them. The MPQ package is what might confuse Warden, Blizzard's cheat detector. The things Warden looks for change frequently and without warning too, so I would still be wary of overriding MPQs.
I believe you misunderstood me. I wasn't confused.

It's this:
Patch MPQs that modify geometry or other client data require hacks be run alongside WoW to fool the game into using them.
THAT's the key difference here. Now whether Warden is a bumbling SKEET-banning idiot...I don't know. I would tend to think not, though...mainly because this would leave Blizzard with a rather large legal hole should they be asked to provide proof that a user was breaking the ToS.

**EDIT: Going to bed. I'd like to see some actual evidence to one side or the other by the time I get back to you. So far all I've got is conjecture and prediction. It's been over 5 years...surely there's some precedent here?

**EDIT #2: Just had to get this out right quick:

And yes, if you made a blank MPQ with nothing it, it will be picked up by Warden and the account flagged. If you want to play tag with Warden, go ahead, it's your account.
How do you know what Warden does/flags/picks up? Again...you're using weasel terminology to make this look like it's "clearly" an illegal hack (and at the same time making me out to be an idiot).

Last edited by Amenity : 02-04-10 at 02:40 AM.