View Single Post
07-31-12, 12:38 PM   #41
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by KysenMurrin View Post
I was playing around in the Animations section, not really knowing what I was doing, and managed to completely break the addon. In Animations -> Repeat -> Channel 1 -> Action, I had added a sequence then removed it, and I then accidentally selected "Delete Action". Deleting the only action immediately provoked an "Action ID -1 does not resolve to a valid action" error, and the addon became totally unusable until I deleted my saved variables (I could open the Auras/Layouts window but do nothing beyond that without returning that error).
I'll take a look at this soon-ish, thanks for the report. Also, there's going to be prompts before deleting stuff in a future release, I just glossed over them for now

Ideally the "x ID does not resolve to a valid y" errors should never pop up, but some do slip through the net still.

Originally Posted by KysenMurrin View Post
As to the new interface, I like the direction it's going, but it does have a bit too much moving up and down through sections. Having to go back to the top level menu to then enter another submenu, rather than having a tabbed interface or an always-visible sidebar menu where you can access any part with one click, does make a big difference in how using this feels (it's the most annoying thing about the Dungeon Journal, too). Personally I'd favour a collapsible sidebar menu, if that was possible.
I'm going to try a sidebar approach with tools for navigation. Assuming you're using Windows (Vista/7 will do), imagine it being like the Control Panel with the sidebar having some quick links to other sections within the same resource.

Will be able to preview it tomorrow, but I can't work on it while I'm at work for obvious reasons so it'll be sometime in the evening

Last edited by Meorawr : 07-31-12 at 06:20 PM.