Thread: Slacker's UI
View Single Post
01-05-14, 08:55 AM   #14
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Slackerr View Post
I have hidden keybinds from bartenders settings. And im not clicking any spells. Everything is binded to keyboard and Razer Naga. Also using alt, crtl and shift as modifiers so thats why i have so many buttons.
You shouldn't have to display everything that you've keybound, though. You can hide them and retain the same functionality, but with the added benefit of seeing more that's on your screen. Since you're not using a viewport, you're sacrificing a lot of screen estate for essentially useless information.

I think you're right. I have tested this UI so far only with Melee dps. I think i have to think new position for raid frames.
Raid frames simply aren't that important for any role outside healers, so they get neglected a lot. I'm guilty of this myself.

I have lots of buttons yes. Im playing arena and rbg so i need intervene macros for ea player and banner. Still, its easy to customize ui and reduce the amount of buttons, like u can see from <snip>
The image you provided still has a TON of buttons, and I'm betting you could cut that down further. You don't need to show each Intervene macro, you gain nothing from doing that.

Yea, im going to do that after im ready with melee UI
Fair enough, most DPS/Tank UIs end up looking about the same, only healers really need to readjust because of raid frames and mana management.

Im using TMW, u are right with overlapping, not good. Going to think position again. And yea, seconds are not necessary at chat! Thanks for the comment dude.
Glad I could help, there are a lot of other people on here that can shed further light on what you should do to optimize your UI. In the end it's your UI, so it's up to you if you want to take their advice to heart or not, but most ideas aren't baseless.