Thread: Our UI Manager
View Single Post
04-20-09, 02:46 PM   #143
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Somethings that I'd like to see in the updater, not sure if they are in already or are planned, but:
  • Ability to clean out my SavedVariables folder of unused files.
  • Ability to remove old updater droppings (I believe WAU dropped files in addon folders that it used. I think WowMatrix does this too?).
  • Ability to back up my addons directory
  • Ability to back up my WTF directory

That's all for now. Everything else seems to be there, or possible through modules.

Originally Posted by Archangel_Mike View Post
Not sure what the hold up is at this point, but if it were not for the Carbonite team I'd have left you guys already.

I have, for a very long time, held the opinion that WoWinterface.com was superior to Curse on all levels. My opinion has changed. You have the guts to stand up to a third party addon updater (wowmatrix) with combine effort, but you can't combine efforts with Curse for your own updater?

So displeased...

Join forces or get on the ball. One addon is shortly becoming no reason for me to keep waiting.

You're going to find that this a terrible method to get anything from a free community. One single person is developing this tool. That person has classes and probably a life (I'm not accusing anyone of anything!) outside of developing free tools for you.

Unless you've previously sent him money to finish this application quicker, you really have no business demanding anything.