Thread: Issue with /in
View Single Post
03-16-12, 06:26 PM   #4
MCMorpheus
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
I'm not certain, but I think the problem is that you have a script within a script. I think everything which follows the /script command is also a script, regardless of semi-colon or newline.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. A newline ends the script. A semicolon just an ending of a statement in the script. In my experience, the semicolon, while more correct, is just optional.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The old, old Ace2 framework included the command in one of the libraries or you can also get this slash command through an addon such as SlashIn or InDemand.

/edit: meaning that you had an addon enabled on one character that you did not on the others and this is why it worked.
That makes sense in all that I don't have character specific addons. If it is enabled on one char, I have it enabled on all of them.

I do have Ace2 and Ace3 installed. (It's needed for an Addon that I have.)

Edit:
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Code:
/run for i=1,GetNumFriends() do local name, _, _, _, connected = GetFriendInfo(i) if(connected) then print(name, 'is online') end end
I already have the macro. I just need help figuring out what is wrong with the timing of the script.
Code:
/run local _,num=GetNumFriends(); for i=1,num do ShowFriends() local name,level,_,location,_,status=GetFriendInfo(i); if num>0 then print("   "..status.."\124cffFFFF00\124Hplayer:"..name.."\124h["..name.."]\124h\124r is online and is in "..location..".") end end ; if num==0 then print("   No friends currently online.") end if num==1 then print("   1 friend currently online.") end if num>1 then print("   "..num.." friends currently online.") end
Yes I realize it's a little over complicated, but it did what I wanted so I didn't feel like simplifying it.

Last edited by MCMorpheus : 03-16-12 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Response to new post