View Single Post
09-28-09, 08:35 AM   #12
downset
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
I'd say you are pretty safe, considering our fine website here. I can understand the concern when your OS tells you something wants an unfettered access to your computer (p.s. Mac should use that verbiage :P), but installing software onto your computer is your decision. Unless you've *never* used a Windows based environment or what-have-you, you can easily say, "Nah, I don't want to use this because it may harm me, even though it doesn't seem to have harmed anyone else, but I want to have the caution this little box brought upon me by choosing the blue pill or the red pill." Or some variation.

This isn't a snarky remark. Just an observation on what has transpired thus far.
so i have a mac with maybe 300 applications, some in cocoa, some in java, some in old carbon, from all kind of developers, some multi platform, some only mac, none of them trigger this warning, yet a small little updater program does

i am not sure if any of you are actually from wowi or just rabid fans posting to defend their favorite site? If any of you are from wowi i would take this problem serious instead of be apologetic for something that has no valid reason to be like this.