View Single Post
08-04-10, 09:15 PM   #5
Sec
A Cyclonian

Paladins wield swords, shields and other heavy weaponry, but they use magic to assist them. Specifically, they utilize the Light.

Warriors wield swords, shields and other heavy weaponry, but do not utilize the Light to assist them.

I honestly see no problem with the addition of a warrior class for Blood Elves.

The way I rationalize Blizzard's decision is that with Burning Crusade, they wished to give the Horde access to the Paladin class, and the Alliance the Shaman class. As such, they gave the Blood Elves the Paladin class as it fit into the lore as being the one race who's usage of the Light was most plausible - remember, this is before the Tauren discuss the Light and rationalize it with their Earthmother/sun worship and Forsaken Paladins are a hotly discussed but less plausible combination. Perhaps they did not want to give the Blood Elves too many classes as they were not prepared to do the same for other races, and so they refrained from giving the BE the Warrior class until Cataclysm.

As for the special attack animations... Well, I am not in beta to comment on anything that may be Warrior-specific, and I've no access to model viewer so I'm just going to go on a whim and say... They're Blood Elves. If their actions look too fluid and border on the line of it looking like they're casting spells instead of cleaving swords... They're a magical, graceful, proud, egotistical, narcissistic race. I'm not surprised they'd not look all "RAWR HACK SLASH KILL". ^^''