View Single Post
07-10-08, 08:57 PM   #75
Kailef
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
So, in theory, you can edit the WTF\Account\{your account}\SavedVariables\nUI.lua file and move, resize and option any unit frame you like pretty much any way you like. But that's not really a solution for 100+ people unless there were multiple nUI.lua config files for with and without HUD arcs, etc.
Yikes. I had a look at nUI.lua and the nUI_UnitLayouts span from line 123 all the way to line 4708. That's a lot of config. Heh. I was going to see if I could "jury rig" it for the time being, but I got a headache just looking at it. *laugh*

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing what configuration options pop up in later versions, especially along the lines of configuring the "depth" of the Target (of target, of target, etc) frames and the ability to display health bars, along with the removal (not that I'd ever do it personally) of the HUD arcs.

.....On a completely unrelated note - I'm not certain if this will help you, but I ran across it earlier and I thought that maybe it would be useful in your quest to fix the Petbar taint issue. I added it into my modset near the beginning of the year to fix Petbar issues and I haven't taken it out yet. I don't profess to understand the code within, so don't blame me if it's entirely useless.

PetBarFix.toc

Code:
## Interface: 20100
## Title: a |cff0000ffPetBar|r-fix (|cff00ff00Dri|r)
## Version: 1.08
## Author: Driizt of Bronzebeard
## Notes: Enables PetBar showing/hiding normally if pet is called or dismissed in combat (bugfix for WoW 2.x).
## Dependencies: 
PetBarFix.lua
PetBarFix.lua

Code:
--[[
	Description: Fix for the issue with taint 
	preventing the petbar from showing/hiding normally
	when pet is called or dismissed during combat.
	Date: January 12, 2007
	Author: Driizt of Bronzebeard (EU)
	Tested: enGB, ver 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.0.5, 2.0.6, 2.0.7, 2.0.8, 2.0.10, 2.0.12, 2.1.0
]]

local _G = getfenv(0);
local broken = _G.GetBuildInfo();
broken = string.gsub(broken,"%.","");
broken = tonumber(broken);
if broken < 1000 then broken = broken * 10 end;
if --[[broken >= 2100 or]] broken < 2000 then return end;

function FixIncombatPetBar()
	if PetActionBarFrame then
		PetActionBarFrame:SetAttribute("unit", "pet");
		RegisterUnitWatch(PetActionBarFrame);
		if DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME then
			DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("|cff0000ffPetBarFix|r Loaded! Client Build: |cffff0000"..broken.."|r", 0,1,1);
		end
	end
end

local PBF = CreateFrame("Frame","PetBarFix_Frame");
PBF:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD");
PBF:SetScript("OnEvent", function() FixIncombatPetBar() end);