View Single Post
04-14-09, 01:39 AM   #24
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by killdrath View Post
As a clueless person who was not aware of the issues caused by WM, and thus used it regularly, how do I go about fixing this? I downloaded the WoWIUI but it looks to be a lot of work to get it set up (having to track down the UID for everything). Is there anything I could do to make this easier? Especially since it seems to id all the sub-components of the various mods (i.e. the dozen or so folders for x-perl) as seperate mods.

And is the WoWIUI page accurate that it is actually an EoL product? Would I be better off getting the curse client? All I know is that I have already informed my family to remove WM from all our systems, now that I know the truth.
What I did when I was using WIU (I currently do all my updating manually) was to make use of the Favorite feature that WoWI has. Simple tag the mods you use as a Favorite (its just a quick click of a button). WIU will then retrieve your Favorites list making it real easy to keep tabs on the mods you use. Even though I manually update, I still find the Favorites feature on this site to be quite handy to keep track of the mods I use.