Thread: LUA Error
View Single Post
04-22-10, 03:06 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gotcha, then it's *simply rofl* the case of identifying at what point it goes wrong and finding the right code fragment to place there to stop the error.

My tests so far with my own anchoring errors have been to use SetAllPoints instead of ClearAllPoints. On predefined Blizzard windows that may be the best way to get around this problem as it looks like SetAllPoints literally replaces all points set up, to TOPLEFT and BOTTOMRIGHT which apparently is what they need to know to set all the GetLeft/Top/Bottom/Right values that kick up this fuss. It's also possible that a combination of width/height and "TOPLEFT" etc is enough to identify the rectangle that defines the frame.

Then again, the problem could be due to the new parent frame not being set up with its anchors prior to blizzard executing its frame code. A possible solution to this is to give the parent frame a basic anchor that will keep blizz functions happy while you work on the new ones.

At present though it's a theory that until I can repeatedly get the error to occur I can't test on properly.

D'oh, just realised that I didn't add a list of anchors for the frame and its parent to see if that shows up anything interesting ..

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818