View Single Post
07-01-16, 08:41 PM   #12
TorelTwiddler
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
I added a PlayerCanCollectAppearance function which should theoretically only return information if it's possible to acquire the appearance, let me know if it doesn't work though.
So there are two issues I'm trying to solve:

1. Some equipable items are not transmoggable by anyone, but I don't know how to determine if it is or not.
2. My current method of determining if an item is transmoggable by anyone or not has localization issues (specifically I use a mapping to the Weapon type name).

Unfortunately, PlayerCanCollectSource doesn't work for 1, and is inconsistent for 2.

In the addon I am trying to differentiate between something that cannot be learned on this character, and something that cannot be learned at all. C_TransmogCollection.PlayerCanCollectSource seems to (usually) correctly return if the item can be collected by this character, but I would also need to know if it is transmoggable by anyone. For example, the Runestaff of Nordrassil returns false for PlayerCanCollectSource, but I also need to know if it's transmoggable at all (which it is not).

I am checking for transmoggablility by checking the item type against a localized mapping of item type (weapons use "Bows", "Guns", etc., armor uses "INVTYPE_LEGS", "INVTYPE_BODY", etc.) to Transmog Category (found using C_TransmogCollection.GetCategoryInfo for the category numbers) and plugging it into C_TransmogCollection.IsCategoryValidForItem. This works very consistently with two problems, 1. localization, 2. doesn't work on some very specific items (Runestaff for example).

C_TransmogCollection.PlayerCanCollectSource and C_TransmogCollection.PlayerKnowsSource seem to return inconsistent results. For example, changing the addon logic to use PlayerCanCollectSource (like in your code snippet) breaks tabards (none seem to have a source) and fishing poles (all seem to have a source, but they are not transmoggable), and the brewfest steins (not transmoggable).

GitHub link if you'd like to see the code. I also made a branch that integrates your latest function: https://github.com/TorelTwiddler/CanIMogIt

I really appreciate your help in figuring out the issues we've been running into. I wish Blizzard put out actual docs for their API!

Thanks again!