View Single Post
08-09-10, 10:12 AM   #33
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by IQgryn View Post
As far as I know, they're using a slightly modified 5.1, which is the latest stable version of Lua. As neat as it would be to get 5.2, which is on it's fourth iteration (fourth alpha I think?), I don't think they'd ship an incomplete version of Lua.

(Sorry to burst your bubble)
We are ?

Oh well forgot about a new intpreter then. I just googled Lua5.2 to see if there were any advantages of upgrading and there doesn't appear to be so any far. I'm reading a page of 55 changes. Wouldn't that push back updating addons for 2-3 months ?

Maybe it was me reacting to a new buzzword and wanting everything to have that buzzword in it despite there being no basis of any advantages of doing so.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)