View Single Post
04-11-16, 11:31 PM   #1
Hiketeia
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What mount is a person using?

So I'm trying to figure out what mount a person is using and could use a hand...

Looping through the UnitBuff()s can give me the spell ids. Calling GetSpellDescription and parsing that for the word mount as an idea but that isn't 100% accurate, tried "Summons and dismisses" but that fails on things like the chaufeuer and the sandstone drake and class mounts.

Looking through wowhead's db and it seems there is an "Effect: Applys aura mount" but I'm not seeing where that might be available in the API?

While on wowhead I used their 'make link' feature to get a link - when I click it, it does show "Account Level Mount" as the subheading of the tooltip which seems promising. But I can't see where that info is coming from either. I've dug through ItemRef and GameTooltip but I'm missing something there as I can't see the connect between how it is populated. Any ideas?

Another thought was maybe I'll have to fall back to some library that has documented what all the mounts' spellids already are -- does LibPeriodicTables do that at all? I saw a list of mounts of different types, but some of the spell ids I was playing with weren't in those lists -- I'm thinking those might be the items, or the npc ids for the mounts, or perhaps just out of date? Which at some point down the road I'll want to translate into - also the Mount Journal API doesn't seem to have an ability to connect the spell of the mounted aura to a mount in the journal?

Rambling now, sorry. Pretty new to doing addons, please be gentle in your replies :-D

-- Realized this should be in the "General Authoring" forum instead of the special Lua/Xml help forum but I don't seem to have permission to delete my post so I'll leave it here for now. Excuse the noob.

Last edited by Hiketeia : 04-11-16 at 11:45 PM.