View Single Post
10-10-10, 11:32 AM   #480
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Xubera View Post
how does one get the active desktop look? where do you download those, and I like how yall changed the windows taskbar... what do I google to find information, ive been unsuccessful so far
Most people use Rainmeter to populate their desktop with stuff like weather forecasts, CPU meters and so on. Think of it like a "platform" that you install skins on. These skins are what add the actual elements to your desktop, kind of like the WoW addons. You can install and use a "theme", which is a collection of multiple skins usually by the same author (kinda like a WoW UI compilation) or you can download each skin separately and build your own desktop.

So yeah, in other words, exactly like the WoW UI

For stuff like taskbar modifications, start orb changes, folder appearance etc. you can download a bunch of Windows .dlls that go into your Windows\System32 folder, or you can use programs like LiteStep or TrueTransparency or some more crazy stuff to make your own look. But the quickest way to get a nice custom desktop is to go to deviantART and search for Visual Styles. These packs usually include tons of .dlls and rainmeter skins and are meant to be a full desktop replacement.

Which is what I've done (obsessively during the last week).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	desktop.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	577.0 KB
ID:	4891