View Single Post
11-24-13, 11:13 PM   #14
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rainrider View Post
The main feature I miss on sites like WoWI/WowAce/Curse is the ability to browse addon code online.
WoWI has this feature. Go to http://svn.wowinterface.com/ and click on the repo you want to browse.

Addon authors can choose to de-list their repositories, though. Personally, I've de-listed all of of mine because if I don't, people get overly excited about every alpha commit, and start hounding me to know when the new feature or new addon I'm working on will be finished.

then on the command-line
Whyyyyyyyyyy? Having started out my technological life using DOS, the invention of the GUI was like the invention of indoor plumbing. I just don't understand why you would willingly subject yourself to using the command line to type out a whole series of long commands to perform a common task, when you could just click a single button instead.

I like and use github's as you can close tickets directly from a commit and when you browse the commit there is a link to the ticket it closes and vice versa.
This would be a nice feature, and I generally like GitHub's UI -- other than their tiny, tiny font sizes -- but as I mentioned before, I think asking the average addon user to sign up with another site just to report a bug is an unnecessary barrier.