View Single Post
12-14-09, 01:28 PM   #3
Gronzig
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, I'll try to remember as best I can. If you want to look at the SVN, it's called RankWatch ( http://svn.wowinterface.com/listing....&path=%2F&sc=0 ).

I created the repository with Enable SVN, checked it out on my machine using TortoiseSVN which created branches, tags, trunk folders. I moved my files (toc, xml, lua, readme, license) to trunk, added them with TortoiseSVN and committed. Then I went to the website, SVN Options, and chose Make ZIP from the project's options. I enetered the category, version, description, and change log and clicked Generate ZIP. It did so, and offered a zip file to download and test. I did, and it had no folder, just files, so I clicked cancel and delete.

Now I went back, created a RankWatch folder in trunk, added and committed that, put the files there, added and committed, and used svn delete and commit to remove the files in trunk. Now the repo shows the right structure, and making a new zip shows that it's pulling trunk/RankWatch/RankWatch.lua etc, but the test zip still has no folder, just files.

Thanks for looking into this.

Update: I found a help file ( http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...nable_existing which discusses a few options that don't exist under Miscellaneous so who knows) that mentions a wowi:dirname property. I tried setting that on trunk, although it seems like now that my files are in a subfolder, I shouldn't, and this made no difference to the zip, although the log messages make it look like it did:

Exporting SVN trunk to RankWatch
A trunk/RankWatch
A trunk/RankWatch/RankWatch
A trunk/RankWatch/RankWatch/LICENSE.txt
A trunk/RankWatch/RankWatch/RankWatch.xml
A trunk/RankWatch/RankWatch/RankWatch.lua
A trunk/RankWatch/RankWatch/RankData.lua
A trunk/RankWatch/RankWatch/RankWatch.toc
A trunk/RankWatch/RankWatch/README.txt
Exported revision 6.
adding: RankWatch/ (stored 0%)
adding: RankWatch/RankWatch/ (stored 0%)
adding: RankWatch/RankWatch/RankWatch.lua (deflated 72%)
adding: RankWatch/RankWatch/LICENSE.txt (deflated 66%)
adding: RankWatch/RankWatch/README.txt (deflated 57%)
adding: RankWatch/RankWatch/RankData.lua (deflated 81%)
adding: RankWatch/RankWatch/RankWatch.xml (deflated 43%)
adding: RankWatch/RankWatch/RankWatch.toc (deflated 28%)

Last edited by Gronzig : 12-14-09 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Add additional info