View Single Post
03-22-09, 11:19 PM   #16
Delmara
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
What I meant was, if I had known you before you got that, I could of told you that you could own a site just like that. The servers themselves belong to GoDaddy/Wild West Domains. Essentially, if you went to GoDaddy to be a reseller of domain names and hosting, you would pay 99 bucks a year and get that very same site identical to yourpowerhost.com... and you could sell your own hosting and sell domain names which would essentially make your own personal sites free. That number you see at the very top of their site, if you call it you will be speaking to Wild West Domains.. sister company to GoDaddy.

But, if you own that site then you can ignore my post cuz you know all that anyways lol.
I wouldn't necessarily call Wild West Domains (WWD) a sister company they are GoDaddy. If you call the tech support for WWD (or even the tech support number on a hosting site that uses WWD) you'll get GoDaddy's tech support. The exact same people that answer GoDaddy's tech support number. If you've ever called them have you ever noticed that they don't answer with "Thank you for calling GoDaddy, WWD, etc"? They're not supposed to reveal that it's the same company. If they did it causes a lot of confusion for the customer.