View Single Post
07-20-14, 05:53 AM   #1
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Anyone figured out how to tell if a mount can fly?

From p3lim's awesome compilation of new stuff (Thank you very much for posting all that!):
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=49499

We have a C_MountJournal:
Code:
C_MountJournal.Dismiss
C_MountJournal.GetCollectedFilterSetting
C_MountJournal.GetIsFavorite
C_MountJournal.GetMountInfo
C_MountJournal.GetMountInfoExtra
C_MountJournal.GetNumMounts
C_MountJournal.Pickup
C_MountJournal.SetCollectedFilterSetting
C_MountJournal.SetIsFavorite
C_MountJournal.Summon
GetCompanionInfo("mount",index) is returning nil for all mounts from 1 to GetNumCompanions("mount"), so addons that depend on this will need to use C_MountJournal.

My issue is I can't figure out how to determine whether a mount can fly or not. In GetCompanionInfo we had a bitfield as the 6th return.

These are the returns from C_MountJournal.GetMountInfo:
Code:
local creatureName, spellID, icon, active, isUsable, sourceType, isFavorite, isFactionSpecific, faction, hideOnChar, isCollected = MountJournal_GetMountInfo(i)
C_MountInfo.GetMountInfoExtra appears to be no help either:
Code:
local creatureDisplayID, descriptionText, sourceText, isSelfMount = MountJournal_GetMountInfoExtra(index)
TL;DR: Did we lose the ability to tell if a mount can fly?

edit: btw, it's not related but pretty exciting to me: unlike the C_PetJournal functions that run off an index that changes depending on filter settings, C_MountJournal functions appear to reliably return results with static indexes. If a user has some mounts turned off via filters, looping over the 1,C_MountJournal.GetNumMounts() indexes will still get the unlisted mounts. I would kill to have the pet journal behave this way too.

Last edited by Gello : 07-20-14 at 06:26 AM.