Thread: Cast bars
View Single Post
10-25-12, 02:40 PM   #1
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

Cast bars

Hello All,

I had a most unfortunate experience wherein my computer (and in fact over $12k of electronics) was stolen from my apartment last month. Thankfully renter's insurance helped with replacing the items and I now have a new computer.

Well, now I'm playing MoP after a long break from WoW and need to get back up and running with a UI that works for me. There are actually two things I need:

1) If you have ever seen a UI posted by me anywhere and have seen the custom green knotwork tree I created for my "SquidMod" action bar endcaps, I would greatly appreciate a copy! Better yet, my terrible memory doesn't recall if I ever posted the actual artwork files anywhere so...if you see it or know what I'm talking about, please PM me. I had backups on...the other computers that were stolen.

2) I need help with getting a healer UI set back up! I am a clicker and a keyboard turner and need every advantage I can get. I'm old and have joint problems and have a hard enough time keeping up with these young'uns. I'm also an information addict and tend to get an overly cluttered UI. What a terrible combination!

Here are some of the key AddOns I have used in the past:
1) SUF (Shadowed Unit Frames) for my main unit frames (self, target, etc). I switched a while back from X-Perl when it started crashing a lot and I found SUF to be lighter weight and more stable.
2) VuhDo for my heal target frames. I switched a while back from Grid.
3) Quartz for cast bars and timers.

I wrestled a bit with SUF and I sorta have it working, but I REALLY hate the way the portrait always wants to stretch out weird! Any tips for keeping the 2D portrait scalable rather than stretchable?

I was happy to find that VuhDo has a "Bit o' Grid" style now, so that really made my setup a lot easier. I think VuhDo is set up mostly the way I want, but I can't quite figure out how to get the HoT icons set up correctly. They are up "into" the bars more than I wanted. I'm also trying to get them a bit bigger and get a timer and stacks visible.

I didn't install Quartz yet because I wasn't sure if it was still active. I am open to alternatives to Quartz. I currently have cast bars turned on in SUF and...to be honest, I really want to DETACH them from the unit frame and move them around. Since I can't, that's why I'm looking to get Quartz or an alternative back.

Oh hey, I found some old pics of my UI!
Here's my paladin, in heal mode, with SUF and VuhDo:
http://www.niceboots.com/~tenebrae/m...iUI_012911.jpg

Awww, this is the only pic I could find of my druid's UI with the custom knotwork I made:
http://www.niceboots.com/~tenebrae/m...oUI_031310.jpg
You can barely see I even created / edited custom artwork for my Titan bars at the top.
Hmm...I also seem to have an old pic from when I was switching from X-Perl to SUF and tried customizing it a bit, but the pic's so small you can't really see much:
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1292524577

So anyway...
Any help and suggestions appreciated with regards to getting back up and running.
I am very fiddly and particular so unfortunately an "all in one UI here download and unpack this and there you go" doesn't really appeal to me.
Likewise, "lern2playbettar" suggestions aren't terribly practical or helpful either.

Thanks,

-T.