View Single Post
09-03-17, 09:40 AM   #4
Elderin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think I have finally gotten a sequence that works.

During the PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD event processing
I make a call to GuildRoster() and register for GUILD_ROSTER_UPDATE

then during the GUILD_ROSTER_UPDATE processing
I make the call to GetGuildInfo("player") and it returns correct data.

The other issue accessing the guild control rank flags appears to simply be broken. Perhaps it is feasible that Blizz needed to make the GuildControlSetRank function protected. But, they then need to to allow the call to GuildControlGetRankFlags() to accept a guild rank argument (1 - GuildControlGetNumRanks()) and, of course, the function would have to be beefed up to validate that value.

I use the third and fourth return values (can listen to officer channel, can speak in officer channel) to determine whether the player's rank is an officer rank. Assuming, of course, that if the player can do both of those things then the player must be an officer. Then I can open up certain functions within my addon to the player that I want available only to officers of the guild.
I really haven't figured out any other way to determine if the player is an officer except hard coding for a specific guild and assuming that the guild master will not change those rank specifications. I really, really don't want to have to do that.