View Single Post
05-11-09, 05:45 AM   #48
Spectral2k
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Apraxia View Post
I'm sorry I really wasn't TRYING to chew into you guys I'm just frustrated and not understanding something somewhere then? It was nearly two weeks ago something 'in the works' was announced that would be exclusive to those who have supported. So naturally lack of response from you guys built up a bit of hype and then well.... we got this.

I guess what I don't understand then is if it was so simple to put together and it's purpose is to help you streamline and prioritize feature implementations then why the two week build up? IMO should of thrown it out there some time ago then sounds like it's more a productivity tool.

Don't get me wrong it's not a lame, bad, or stupid thing at all. It is rather neat the voting and all. It's just the timing, the length of dragging it on as to what it was, current assumptions and concerns everywhere... it just perhaps should of not been the two week 'this is it guy!' announcement. heh.

Also, if you guys are currently working on the next release and even close enough to put that 'hoped to have it out on xx day' label on it, why the secrecy? I think I'd of shut the hell up a few posts ago and not said anything at all if I had a bit of that info sooner.
Its possible the delay was partly deciding which features to list and which requested features were even feasible. PLus they've obviously done all this when they can fit it in around developing carbonite itself.