View Single Post
10-27-12, 10:34 PM   #92
AmberK
A Defias Bandit
Maybe it's just me...

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
This one does.
I find this a bit disingenuous.

First, that post is over 3 years old, in fact almost 4. While I agree that *AT THE TIME* they were doing something that was not exactly kosher, they have since stopped and reworked their system to work in the exact same way the Curse client does, only without the throttling, having to click every single update, only being allowed to click two updates at a time, and constant nagging to buy the premium version, since there isn’t one. And yes, I did actually research beyond the name calling and FAQ’s on all the sites in question. I also currently use the free Curse client, until such time as I and those who prefer WM, can get current information out to the developers.

If we are using years old information to judge, with no current information to balance, I’m sure we could dig up plenty on both Curse and WI to turn users against you, too. Though I do give both Curse and WI credit, as you have managed to turn developers away from WM, despite the fact that the supposed reason for you being upset is now completely false.

I hope that Carbonite and its developers will do a little research for themselves and decide based on CURRENT business practices if they will allow those of us who prefer the FREE one click update access to use WM like we want to.

Sorry for the slight side track, but I felt someone needed to say something.

Thanks again Rythal, I'm SO glad to have Carbonite getting back to the addon I adore.