View Single Post
10-08-08, 06:55 AM   #4
digmouse
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Beauty and Clearity
Now we have buttons, but wtf it dont fix my playing style?
Patience, let's look deeper into the bar config panel.
The options on the left side of the panel besides button count are all bar visual elements:

Scale - set the scale of the bar, which means you can enlarge it or make it smaller
Shape - change the visual shape of the bar, like square, circle, or circle with one button in the middle. There is only the 3 choices existing now but surely will be more in the future.
Columns - set how many columns the bar will behave, 1X12 or 2X6 or 3X4 or 12X1, changing it from horizontal to vertical, make it more fit your UI design.
Alpha - which means "Transparency" also, make it more visible or more invisible.
Alpha Up - actually this is a bit confusing option to understand, basically I call it fade-in or fade-out, this value defines the alpha when the bar changes its transparency on certain conditions.
Arc-start - Arc is part of one circle, the start value defines if the bar is shaped in arc, which button is the begining of the arc.
Arc Length - as usual, the length of the arc make changes to the space the arc uses, the scale of the buttons and their gap between each other.
Arc Preset - seems it control the arcing style which is pre-defined, I'll need some more check to make sure of it.
Pad Horiz - short for "Padding Horizontal", means the padding between buttons in horizontal direction.
Pad Verti - short for "Padding Vertital", means the padding between buttons in vertital direction.
Pad Horiz+Verti - short for "Padding Horizontal + Vertital", means the padding between buttons bothe in horizontal and vertital directions.

Simple as Button Count, just select the value you wanna change, and use your mousewheel to change it while mouseover the bar.

OK after a bit tuing up, I got 4 bars exactly matching my playstyle

Further more, on the other half of the bar control panel are options controlling the bar's actiong behavior:

Paged Bar: checking this will enable this bar to be paged like the default UI main action bar.
Pet: checking this means this bar is a pet bar, reacts if you have a pet/guardian available.
Stealth: this is the option for bar to change it's button when you stealth.
Reaction: set this bar to display a button set based on the current target's friendly/hostile reaction.
Combat: this bar will only show itself while you are engaged in combat.
Group: the bar will only show itself when you are in a group.
Possess: the buttons on the bar changes to the abilities of the unit you are currently in control, like Gorefiend fight and the drakes in Oculus.
Alt Key: set this bar to display another set of buttons when the alt key is held down.
Ctrl Key: set this bar to display another set of buttons when the Ctrl key is held down.
Shift Key: set this bar to display another set of buttons when the alt key is held down.
Custom: the bar will change to another set of buttons on the specific state you define, checking this will bring up the custom state editor, type the state you want the bar to react, the states you can add is exactly like you use in macros.
Autohide: Set this bar to hide itself until it is moused-over
Show Grid: Set this bar to always show empty buttons
Snapto: this is actually "sticky frame" in meaning, just like the feature in other bar mods, the bars will stick to each other when you drag them together.
Hidden: set the bar to be hidden and never show itself.

The custom state is a serie of macro state code which allows you to change the bar's button set on specific states you desire, and what's more, is you can set mulitiple states for the bar to react, not only one like possession, pet, combat, etc.

The state code should be included in a bracket and multiple stats should be devided by a ;. Like this
[actionbar:1];[stance:1];[stance:3];[stance:3,stealth]

the first state is the default one, if the state manager is confused, it will use it as the current state, which is the main action bar.
The later 3 states are the ones to react, I wrote this to reflect a feral druids situation, so the 3 states are: Dire Bear Form (the no. 1 stance on the form bar), Cat Form, and Prowl mode in cat Form. Whenever you switch to those forms, the bar will change to the corresponding button set, and first, you need to switch to this form once to drag ablilities you need onto them.

Last edited by digmouse : 10-16-08 at 01:36 AM.