View Single Post
03-25-09, 09:10 AM   #1
Oxolate
A Murloc Raider
Feedback for nUI

I don't know if this is the best folder for this topic, but it kinda applies.

Due to the recent uproar about the new UI policy, I found nUI and I thought I would give it a try. I've been itching to use a customized UI as I only use the default (except for questing/AH).

When I first opened nUI, I absolutely loved the open space on top. It really opened the world for me. I finally had room for all my QH/Tourguide stuff without feeling cramped. Everything was nice and compact in the bottom. The embedded recount was also really cool.

So overall, it was a major improvement for my UI. Unfortunately, there are 2 critical sticky points for me that really turned me off, enough so that I won't be using nUI. One of them is really trivial too, but it really bugs me.

1) I play a shaman, and critical to my gameplay is knowning when my shields use up their three charges so I know when to reapply. I don't care for where the buffs are located in nUI. When fighting mobs, I never look in the bottom left corner. Also, my buff icons have a green tinge to them, such that at a glance its hard to differentiate them. I also like to see when I get procs so the current buff location/color makes that difficult. I would really like to see the buffs at my toons feet (The location I see them when I target myself).

2) This one is silly, but really bugs me. When I hover my mouse over a mob, the info pane pops up on the left side of the screen in the middle. When I loot a mob, the loot box appears in the same space, so I effectively miss out on what I loot.

2.5) This is a minor one and not specific to you, but I don't care for the HUD display. It would make more intuitive sense to me if it was rotated by 90 degrees (top/bottom layout as opposed to left/right). I imagine if I played enough with the HUD, I would get used to it. I just need to retrain my reflexes so that's why I'm not really concerned about this one, just commenting.

2.6) Vehicle support is also huge for me. I know it's coming, but I don't want to relog and change my UI each time I need to use a vehicle.

So overall, I liked 90% of what it offered me, just had a few missing pieces.

I searched the website to see if there were any simple fixes and I was unable to find anything. I hope this feedback is helpful.