View Single Post
07-21-13, 09:43 PM   #12
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Belechannas View Post
I'm getting errors from lines of HybridScrollFrame.lua that don't exist in the live version of FrameXml (the addon works with no errors on Live):
There would appear to be potentially breaking changes somewhere in this component.
I haven't documented widget changes they're usually rather chaotic, won't do a comprehensive list but maybe I can point out a few affecting templates as those are liable to break several addons.

Is this your own addon or are you a user? It would help if you posted a link to the addon or the relevant lines of code where it errors, because without them all I can do is guess.

Anyway if that addon has an "OnValueChanged" script handler you'll need to remove any self:GetParent() from the script handler and just pass self.
Example:
HybridScrollFrame_OnValueChanged(self:GetParent(), value)
to
HybridScrollFrame_OnValueChanged(self, value)

If you want to post a version that won't break in 5.4 but retains compatibility with 5.3 you'll need to branch your code inside a client version check.
One simple and cheap way to do that is by checking for the existence of one of the new constants.
Example (assuming from error the addon is RestoShamanStat)
Code:
HybridScrollFrame_OnValueChanged(LFG_SUBTYPEID_FLEXRAID and self or self:GetParent(),value)

Last edited by Dridzt : 07-22-13 at 01:17 AM.