View Single Post
01-04-11, 01:48 AM   #7
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
It has always been my understanding that Druid tanks thrive on dodge, more so than any other stat. Because of the lower amount of dodge currently on the lower tier gear, druid tanks may be slightly gimped for a little while. However, don't think that Warrior, Paladin, or DK tanks are superior in any way - as a Druid tank, you have specific buffs that are unique to your specialization. You bring an element which no other tank can bring, and it is only a matter of time before the things that you are slightly lacking in catch up, if not surpass, the other tank classes (aside from buffs/nerfs etc).

I play a DK tank, and there have been some major, MAJOR changes to DK tanking as a whole. My friend, a Holy Priest, has healed many other DK tanks, and he honestly does not like them at all. However, he loves healing me because of how few heals I actually require. The idea is that not only do the circumstances change depending on the healer, it changes on the tank's skill level, the DPS's skill level, and sometimes a little RNG (especially with dodge).

TL;DR, don't get discouraged! Give it some time, and with some better gear and maybe getting into a 'groove' with your healer friends, you could very possibly surpass your other tank friends Good luck!