View Single Post
10-22-13, 03:55 PM   #18
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
I think Khalifa is refering to the fact that Dreadlorde has given anyone the right to use, change etc. the work he published although seeing as UrkUI is just a part of Dreadlorde's addon it would seem the copyright on the arwork would remain unless of course the UrkUI uncluded is Dread's as well.
Precisely how I understand it. Dread was given permission to use and distribute the art as part of his UI's. The part some people are missing is that free to use and free to distribute are completely separate.

I downloaded the art from someone that had permission to distribute it (Lozareth in this case). I can make UI's with it for personal use. What I can't do however is distribute it to others without permission.

Just like anything on this site. You can download for personal use. You can not distribute it to others without express permission in the form of direct contact from the creator or a license included with the end product.

That is the most basic way I can explain it. I do hope that the opportunity comes up where I can offer it but until such time my hands are tied in the matter.

EDIT:
After looking at the link provided that linked back to here (as was stated) there is this at the bottom:

LICENSE

The author of this work hereby waives all claim of copyright (economic and moral) in this work and immediately places it in the public domain; it may be used, distorted or destroyed in any manner whatsoever without further attribution or notice to the creator.
Clarification from the copyright folks would be appreciated. If it does allow me to upload I'll get right on it.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 10-22-13 at 04:02 PM.