View Single Post
04-20-11, 09:00 AM   #807
Tanthalus
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
By standing out, yes it does become more apparent. I never said it was a bad UI :P just that when things are not symmetrical, I get confused and things bug me ><

EDIT: Party Frames~ Ignore the DPS chart. Haven't messed with that yet. Also going to be putting Aggro colors around party frames soonish tonight.
Too many different font faces. Choose one pixel font and one readability font. Looks good!

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
You cannot really state that as fact. Opinion perhaps, but not fact. Each individual player decides what information they need to see on the screen. What class they are matters not.
Thats not about need thats about want. A healer needs more information displayed than DPS for either to be optimal. You cant deny that and say youve played both roles. DPS needs timers and cooldown notices to keep dots/modifiers up and when to stop/start/run. Healers need that plus a good deal of unit frames with buff/debuff indicators on every frame they are responsible to keep alive. DPS need only have the unit frames that is required for a given encounter and tactics that are most effective to get through it. Tanks would be in-between.

Just tossing everything into a DPS UI, 40 raid frames, all their pets, SCT with every event displaying and saying ITS NEEDED CUZ ITS OPINION is silly and makes no sense, for an extreme example.

Their are such things as good and bad UI design.

Last edited by Tanthalus : 04-20-11 at 09:11 AM.