View Single Post
02-08-07, 10:25 AM   #3
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Orientation

How do I access my bag slots or the main menu bar?
Left-click on the 'MazzleUI' text at the top right of the bottom artwork. This will bring up your your bag slots and micro menu bar. B is now bound to open all bags, so you typically do not have to ever show the bar except when you're replacing bags.

What is this context menu I keep hearing about and how do I use it?
The context menu is a set of 16 buttons arranged in a square that is hidden most of the time you are playing. You can unhide it at any point by click Shift-Mousebutton4, Shift-MiddleMouseButton or by clicking the context menu HotSpot (middle right corner the MazzleUI bottom panel). It will then appear under your mouse for quick access.

The context menu is an excellent place to put non-combat skills and spells. It keeps things out of your way and makes your UI a little bit more efficient. By default, the Mazzifier should put all of your trade skills and hearthstone in the context menu. For some classes, it will also put things like conjuring or pet summon spells. Remember that there are two pages to the context menu. You can switch pages by using your mousewheel while over the context menu.

Note: There are several options you can use to configure your context menu. These options include whether the context menu auto-hides after you use something in it, whether the context menu moves to your mouse location, and whether the UI will automatically hide the context menu when you first log in. These can all be accessed under the 'MazzleUI General Settings' category of MazzleOptions.

Is it true that there are some top secret, hidden areas in the UI that allow you to quickly get to or do certain things?
Yes. In an effort to minimalize things on the screen, features have been added that allow you to quickly get to certain add-ons with adding more buttons or other clutter to your screen.

There are 13 hidden 'HotSpots' you can click on. For example, each of the corners of the bottom panel artwork is a hot spot. Mouse over any of them, and MazzleUI will tell you exactly what that HotSpot does. Here's an overview:

(1) Six corner HotSpots that pull up or hide commonly used add-ons. In clock-wise order:

- Bottom Left: Click to copy chat from your chat window.

- Top Left: Click to toggle MonkeyQuest, the quest window replacement.

- Middle Left: Click to toggle TinyPad, an in-game notebook.

- Middle Right: Click to toggle the MazzleUI Context Menu.

- Top Right: Left-click to toggle ItemRack or right-click to toggle SmartDebuff.

- Bottom Right: Left-click to toggle ItemSync, the loot database, or right-click to toggle XCalc, an in-game calculator.

(2) The coordinates under the minimap serve as a HotSpot to open up Cartographer, the world and instance map add-on.

(3) The entire area under your target box serves as a HotSpot to target your ToT, i.e. the target of your target.

(4) The four corners of the target box serve as hotspot to perform actions on your target, namely whispering, following, trading and inspecting. Actual buttons will appear there when those actions are available, so you know whether you're at the right distance.

(5) The actual MazzleUI logo text is a HotSpot that does two things. Left-clicking on it brings up the bag and micro-menu bars. This allows them to stay hidden most of the time, saving even more room. Right-clicking on the same text hot-swaps you through 15 different party/raid layouts.

This pushy UI is omniscient! It keeps telling me that buffs are expiring for me and my group. It's creeping me out. What's going on?
That is a very useful add-on called SmartBuff. Rather than describe the ins and outs of this add-on, here is the description and FAQ straight from the author...

SmartBuff is a buff addon to cast buffs ease and quickly. All classes are supported. Bind a key, scrollwheel or use the action button and it checks if you, a party/raid member, also hunter and warlock pets, needs your buff and cast it. Use the options menu to configure it as you like it , as example: buffs, raid subgroups, pets, etc. Run the mod when ever you wish, if nothing is buffed, there is no penalty or cool down.

FAQ:

Q1: How can I cast group/class buffs, instead of single buffs?
A1: Select both checkboxes, assign the classes, use following options the play around 'Grp buff check', 'Grp range check' and 'group size'/'class size' slider. Example, if you set the group/class slider to 3 it will only buff the greater buff if 3 or more units not have it.

Q2: How can I move the frames and buttons?
A2: Use Shift-Left click and drag them arround

Q3: How can I assign a trigger key for buffs?
A3: Use the Blizzard interface -> keyboard layout to define the trigger key for SmartBuff. Open and close the SmartBuff options frame and it will remap this key to the new SecureActionButton

Q4: How can I assign a key for debuffing?
A4: During the new Blizzard secure UI is this not longer possible!

Q5: How can I disable the scrollwheel buffing?
A5: Disable the 'Buff on scroll' in the SmartBuff options frame, close it and rebind scrollwheel to whatever you want

Q6: How can I cast buffs in combat?
A6: If you want to cast a spell in combat, the you have to check also the 'in combat' option in the main options frame (on the right of 'Buff on scroll'). Be careful with this option. In combat is no logic allowed, so SB sets your first 'combat'-buff on your key before combat, but in combat it can't do any actions to prevent to cast during the restrictions. It only can show you when do you need a buff, but any time you hit the key in combat it buffs. Thats also the reason why the 'in combat' is per default 'off'.

Minimap Button Usage:
Left click: opens SmartBuff options frame
Right click: enables/disables SmartBuff
Shift-Left click: move minimap button

I've heard you mention efficiency modes several times now. What the hell are you talking about? Shouldn't the UI always be in an efficient mode?
Unlike Shamans, you can't have it all. In the case of UI's, there's often a trade-off between performance and functionality. To mitigate this, MazzleUI has a novel feature that allows it to automatically turn off certain features (and even complete add-ons) depending on the situation you are in to improve performance. So how does it work? First, you have to understand what things efficiency mode can turn off. Currently, it can modulate 15 different items:
(1) Video settings: It uses gfxToggle to switch between high graphics settings and low ones.

(2) Animation of the 3d models: It will turn off flinching and other model animations in Mazz3D.

(3) Recap: It will turn Recap's combat log parsing off.

(4) SW Stats: It will turn SW Stats' combat log and sync message parsing off.

(5) Damage Meter: It will pause Damage Meter's combat log parsing.

(6) Name tags and name plates: It will switch off name tags and name plates. You can set exactly which ones will be shown in MazzleOptions.

(7) BigWigs: It will turn boss warnings off.

(8) Scrolling Combat Text: It will disable all scrolling combat text.

(9) Scrolling Combat Text Damage: It will disable all damage combat text.

(10) Scrolling Combat Text Cooldowns: It will disable the ability cooldown alerts.

(11) Witchhunt: It will disable all enemy spell alerts.

(12) Discord add-ons update rate: This will decrease how often Discord Unit Frames updates itself. Since it's one of the more expensive add-ons in the package, this is a very useful item to change.

(13) Spell Effects: This will turn down the Blizzard spell effect level from 3 to 1.

(14) HUD Range Checking: This will off the display of range to target in the HUD.

(15) Timer Bars: This will turn of the timer and enemy cast bar add-ons, namely Chronometer, Antagonist and oCD.

Now that you know what the efficiency modes can change, you have to understand when MazzleUI can turn things off. There are five different contexts in which you can use an efficiency mode.

(1) Solo: Active when no other mode is applicable.

(2) Party Efficiency Mode: Active whenever you are in a 5-man party.

(3) Raid Efficiency Mode: Active whenever you are in a raid.

(4) PvP Efficiency Mode: Active whenever you are PvP flagged.

(5) Manual Efficiency Mode: Active when you press the manual efficiency mode button. This is the only efficiency mode that does not automatically turn itself on.

If more than one mode is applicable, only the highest mode (in terms of the order of that list) will apply. For example, if you are pvp-flagged and in a raid, you will be in PvP efficiency mode, not raid efficiency mode. This is because PvP, #4, is higher in that list than Raid, #3.

Now that you understand how efficiency modes work, I'd suggest you customize it for your particular needs.

The first, and most important thing you should do is set up what the UI considers 'high graphics settings' vs. 'low graphics settings'.There is an entry in the 'Tweaking' section of this FAQ that will explain how to do that via an add-on called gfxToggle. If you don't set that up, you may find that the UI will reset your graphics to very high settings even if you had previously turned them down manually. This could actually decrease your performance.

After you do that, you can tweak exactly what gets turned off in the various modes. Just open up MazzleOptions and find the MazzleUI Efficiency Mode category. You'll find a ton of settings there that you can tweak. Mark exactly what you want to turn on and off in those various contexts. Try to find a good balance between the features you want and the performance you need. The default settings should work well for most people. You can also turn entire efficiency modes off if you'd like. In fact, if you're on a PvP server, I'd suggest turning off PvP efficiency mode.

I heard MazzleUI can hot-swap raid layouts. Does that mean Mazzlefizz is a swinger?
While Mazzlefizz is open to trading partners, hot-swapping raid layouts is an entirely different thing. What it means is that you can change your raid layout in-game at any time. You have a choice between 15 different layouts. These are the three main things the differ between the various layouts:

(1) Whether your raid frames are on the bottom of the screen or the top

(2) Whether your main tank windows are on the top or on the side

(3) Whether your party frames are visible

You can cycle through these layouts by right-clicking on the MazzleUI logo. You can also set it directly by accessing either the MazzleUI FuBar menu or in the 'MazzleUI Unit Frame Settings' category in MazzleOption. Finally, you can also bind buttons directly to the different layouts so you can quickly change them at any time.

Why is the left combat log window so narrow? Why are there no scrollboxes?
The left window is only intended to display damage out and other similar combat messages. For some classes, the damage window may also list resist amounts, vulnerability bonuses, immunity and other offensive items. The right window will display all actions taken to you and all miscellaneous combat messages. It also contains loot messages and honor information

As for the scrollboxes, the philosophy behind this UI is to present a lot of information in a minimal amount of space. As a result, the scroll bars are removed. You can still scroll with the mousewheel. Hold down shift while scrolling to go immediately the top or bottom of the chat text. If you do not have a scroll wheel you can use the page up and page down keys.

I heard a cha-ching! Where are my loot messages?
They are in the far right chat window with the miscellaneous combat messages.

MazzleUI is in my keybordz, steeling my strokes, or why aren't any of the keybindings I expect working?
Many of the standard Blizzard bindings have been changed, especially the ones on the left hand side of the keyboard. Those keys are quite valuable in combat because they can be quickly reached while your other fingers stay on WASD. Rather than have those keys pull up non-combat stuff like the character window, they have been reassigned to combat functions.

Most of the standard button assignments have been changed to their ctrl-key equivalents. For example, you can pull up your character window with ctrl-c in most layouts.

How do I zoom in/out of the minimap?
To keep the UI as clean as possible, all extra buttons have been removed. This includes the '+' and '-' signs on the minimap. However, zooming in/out of the minimap is still very simple. Just hover your mouse over the minimap and use the scroll wheel to zoom in or out. If you don't have a scroll wheel, you can bind a couple of keys to scrolling in your Key Bindings.

WTF? Isn't MazzleUI supposed to include Titan or FuBar? I don't see it anywhere on my screen?!
MazzleUI includes FuBar, which is typically better at memory management than Titan and has, more or less, the same functionality. As part of the design philosophy of keeping the majority of your screen unobstructed, it's hidden at the top of the screen. Just move your mouse to the top 32 pixels of the screen and it will show. Move your mouse away from the area and you will once again have a nice clean onubstructed playing field.
I noticed this bar below the target that sometimes appears and start to fill up. Is it a measure of my target's awesomeness increasing as I stare at it?
If you're a healer and you're targeting an enemy, then definitely not. It's the health of your target's target. As the health of your ToT gets lower, the bar gets longer.

If you are indeed a healer, you can increase your awesomeness by click-casting on that whole ToT area to quickly cast heals on the main tank while keeping the enemy as your target.

Last edited by meio : 07-17-07 at 09:15 AM.