View Single Post
12-27-08, 06:00 AM   #167
saulhudson
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I need to say a big thankyou to Haste and Mordog for these responses both detailed and information so thank you guys!

Ok so problem is solved ... well not entirely but I'll explain.

When I put in the code with the print I got the error message pop up basically saying there is a problem with UNIT_AURA. Now these is a bit of redundant code I had in my layout which has never worked and I've never got round to fixing it. I had intended to use the oUF_DebuffHigh module and I had some code in my layout for it but it never worked as intended. This code was only in the raid frame and therefore only popped up when I got into a raid. So problem found thank the lord eh!

Hence 2 work arounds, one rip out all the code in my layout for Aura's and debuff hightling which isnt a bad thing as it doesn't work anyway or put in a handler for it which is what I did as when I get chance I'll still try and fix the debuffhighling. So I added the below line

Code:
self.UNIT_AURA = updateAura
Then created a dummy function

Code:
local updateAura = function(self, unit)

end
Not exactly the best solution going but problem solved non the less.

Other solution was to comment out this section of my layout ...

Code:
self.DebuffHighlight = self.Health:CreateTexture(nil, "OVERLAY")
self.DebuffHighlight:SetAllPoints(self.Health)
self.DebuffHighlight:SetTexture("Interface\\AddOns\\oUF_Saul\\textures\\highlight.tga")
self.DebuffHighlight:SetBlendMode("ADD")
self.DebuffHighlight:SetVertexColor(0, 0, 0, 0)
self.DebuffHighlightAlpha = 0.8
So I'll need to get my thinking cap on for the debuff highlighting but its christmas and tbh all I want to do is grind a few quest and have another mince pie!

Enjoy and many thanks for the help and advise it is very much appreciated!

Thanks