View Single Post
04-14-09, 04:51 PM   #245
Kagaro
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Stormlor View Post
Please do not insult. I came here with an opinion. If your wondering of my qualifications.

- B.S. Computer Networking
- B.S. Network Security
- MCSE, A+, NET+
- Currently working in a Masters in Computer Science and Business. I have been working in this industry for over 15 years.

From what you describe its asking me questions. Do you have a DMZ behind your Firewall? Are you using NAT to get outbound connections coming in? Is everything Windows based or is anything UNIX / Linux based? Is WOWM hacking your DNS tables and making (A) records and making PTR records to their site in some way?

I understand they are a "parasite" but with networks nothing should be. This is a big site with resources (money type this time), you should be able to hire the right network admin that knows how to deal with these things. From the response that was given on this site basically all you did was a workaround.

I really wish people who analyze/research what something does before spouting off information as if they were an authority. WM client uses IE on windows and WebKit on the mac to send the requests to both curse and wow interface. it spoofs a lot of the headers, including trying to spoof referrer headers.