View Single Post
08-17-09, 11:27 AM   #37
ledgekindred
A Murloc Raider
As others have said, I also highly recommend something like dominos/bartender+pitbull/X-Perl. You can also look at turning off the unit frame buff display and get something like Satrina buffs, which you can drag and size independently of the unit frames.

They can both be stripped down to the absolute bare minimum of action bars you want to be seen, are pretty unobtrusive, you can drag the frames anywhere you want, and extremely customizable. Dominos can also make my action bars completely fade out unless I mouse-hover, which can effectively make them totally disappear if you know the key-bindings well. I'm sure bartender does the same thing. I know dominos is pretty painless to set up, and I remember bartender also being easy, since they are pretty much just floating action bars you can turn on/off and drag icons onto.

On the other hand, the replacement unit frames will take a while to set up to your satisfaction. I'd say X-Perl is probably a little more friendly than pitbull, although pitbull will let you configure just about every single little knob you can imagine about how your interface looks. I personally like X-Perl's raid frame better, but if you are looking at PvP/leveling, then it probably doesn't matter as much. I'd expect to spend about an hour sitting down setting up the unit frames mostly playing around with what you want to see and what you want to hide and where everything is.

I've got an 80 raiding warlock and during raids the only things I have on the screen are a couple of dominos bars, X-Perl self, raid, target and focus frames, DoTimer, Satrina and Omen. Outside of raids I also have a number of other addons that take up some more screen space that I got back from using the others and still have more space left over than using the default action bars & unit frames.