View Single Post
01-28-10, 09:09 AM   #3
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Yea, I know I posted about this in the past too. It's a very strange bug that works differently on all my toons and I have no idea why.

My Priest - I admit I rarely use my action bars and mappings (healbot user), so I wouldn't even realize if keys weren't working.
My Druid - my action keys are always labeled and when I switch forms they always work perfectly - no /nui rl needed. (I only had one time where it asked for rage and I was in caster form - which I'll consider a fluke.)
My Rogue - never logs on with the action bars showing the keybinds. The first row (num pad 0-9, "=" and "." keys) never work when in combat but will work out of combat. The second (Ctrl + num pad 0-9, Ctrl "." and F12 keys) and third (Ctrl+Alt num pad 0-9 and non-keybound slots) rows work all the time, even if the keybinds aren't there.
My Hunter - logs in and appears to have a 25% chance of having his keybinds listed. When not listed, they work like my rogue.
My Warlock - logs in and appears to get the keybinds to show like my hunter, except keybinds also work while in or out of combat.
My Mage - typically keybinds do not show when logging into this character, however keybinds work for all bars in and out of combat.

All toons - /nui rl always fixes the problem!

Thoughts on review: Is it a problem with assigning the keybind (when it doesn't show) to a macro? I think I have lots of my attacks on my rogue and my hunter which are macros. But very few on my mage/lock. Yes, all the toons are lvl 80 save for the hunter (79) and mage (78). I've just neglected my lock and haven't made the proper macro's for him yet.

Further edit: In reviewing your problem #2, I think I've experienced the same thing. Where basically your chat screens and the nUI skin are blanked out, along with button bars and all, but the cut-out shape of nUI still remains? I've found that while you can't see your chat, you can still type in it by clicking enter on your keyboard and typing "/nui rl" and clicking enter again. It's a rare happening with me, but it happens a couple times here and there.

Last edited by schizophrena : 01-28-10 at 09:23 AM.