View Single Post
04-30-10, 04:30 AM   #10
danltiger
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jahda View Post
Presently i'm using DocsUI Nameplates for multitarget aggro management, and it's quite efficient, but i was actually wondering if maybe there was one addon that i didn't try which allows to keep the color given to "tanked mob" if the mob is effectively tanked by the second or third tank of the gorup?

I mean, being warned that you don't tank a mob isn't interesting if this mob is tanked by someone whose role is to do it. And always having all the mobs on oneself isn't a very comfortable thing for the healers. Ain't not easy anyways to keeep them all on you against the DPS. I suppose you see what i mean ...
The original Blizzard 'donor' nameplate (which all nameplate addons use) doesn't tell us anything about the current target (other than letting you know if it's you), so we rely on unitid and API functions to glean this information. That means, it's usually necessary to mouseover a nameplate to update that information. I'm not sure if DOCs does it this way, but here's what Tidy Plates offers in the way of multi-tanking: Tug-o-Threat widget