View Single Post
07-23-10, 09:17 PM   #11
AtliThor
Now in color!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I report every odd thing I encounter. Reading through the stickies on the beta forums, I get the feeling they like being overwhelmed with duplicate reports, so I am only too happy to supply that. I do put a bit more effort into debugging UI errors than I do other errors, seeing as how I got the key. I've already found and reported a few bugs in the UI... including the exact code changes required to fix them

And then there are the suggestions... I've sent in a LOT of suggestions. Some days I spend more time writing feedback than actually playing.

It is kind of odd how some people think, though. Not only do some people have no intention of helping out or report bugs, but some don't seem to realize that this is a test; a place to discover bugs and ways to improve, not just to play. Don't get me wrong, I don't have much of a problem with people that don't feel like reporting every bug they run into, or submit a suggestion about everything that pops into their heads (just their presence can help, in a way)... but whining in local about how buggy things are, complaining in the forums when the servers are down, etc... That's just annoying.

And the people that keep asking if things are bugged, after having just tried it and discovered that they are bugged. Again, don't get me wrong; discussing bugs and seeing if other people are seeing them to is one thing, but I've had several conversations that sounded painfully similar to:
[1. General] [Somebody]: WTF this sux!
[1. General] [Me]: What sux?

[Sombody] whispers: I did X and it DCd me and I came back dead on the other side of the world. Is it bugged?
[Sombody]: No, genius. It's supposed to do that!
[Sombody] whispers: That suxxor!! Wut shud I doo?
[Sombody]: Report it, of course.
[Sombody] whispers: How to do that?! Cud u tell me plz?!
[Sombody]: Press the blue "B" icon on your minimap, and follow the instructions.
[Sombody] whispers: I don't know how that works. This game suxx!! <incoherent 1337/text ramblings...>
[Sombody]: Go read the forums. They've got step-by-step instructions for... people like you.

No player named 'Somebody' is currently playing.
10 minutes later on live...
[2. Trade][Somebody]: LFM ICC25. /w ach and GS. (6K+ or stfu!)

P.S.
Updating the PC... not a lot to do atm.

Last edited by AtliThor : 07-23-10 at 09:20 PM.