View Single Post
08-27-10, 05:35 AM   #14
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thank you

Thank you Jigain.

I am running Msoft XP and while I look at my system using the tools in Windows, I see there are four files:-

Carbonite ...................760Kb LUA file
Carbonite.lua ...............702Kb BAK file
CarboniteTransfer............1Kb LUA file
CarboniteTransfer.LUA........1Kb BAK file

A trigger for confusion mayhap. (But I thought you knew the default extensions could be ignored if you have allowed Windows to make that choice).

Let me make a new rule here.

If I mention a filename, it has to be ABSOLUTE. (So we can all sing from the same porridge bowl, or something)

Now, the above looks like :-

Carbonite.lua ...................760Kb LUA file
Carbonite.lua.bak ...............702Kb BAK file
CarboniteTransfer.lua............1Kb LUA file
CarboniteTransfer.LUA.bak........1Kb BAK file

I looked at my system to find Carbonite.Lua, and was actually looking at a BAK file, and as such, common sense tells me, could be different.

Now I expose full file names and have nothing hidden, I see the file cabonite.lua AND it's backup, carbonite.lua!

I agree as well on the following:

The main Carbonite.LUA file in the accountname folder of the WTF branch, contains some information that is applicable and consistent to ALL CHARS over ALL Realms, and it contains as well, Information succinct to individual chars on each realm.

So, as this file (Carbonite.Lua) has grown over it's evolution, it has become a bit of a dogs dinner and could now be usefully split into two file groups.

1) persistant and read by all characters
2) Persistant and read by one character only.

he he, this whole thing is a bit of a learning excerise, but now, My minimap, while in a cave, for example, shows the cave and its twists and turns, but as I move the character, the minimap fades to black.

Somewhere in there, is a slider that dictates when that fade to black occurs. That, that is the file I am looking for. ( I think )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next challenge:
1) Rename Carbonite.Lua to Was-Carbonite.Lua
2) Rename Carbonite.Lua.bak to Was-Carbonite.Lua.bak

That should enable me to:

3) Reinstall the carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files from the downloaded file to kick start a factory perfect setting for those two files.

I could rename the WTF folder, and screw up settings on a lot of other addons on and make life really difficult for a few hours, but I am not going there.

KS