View Single Post
11-10-10, 06:39 PM   #14
lilgulps
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xubera View Post
well it might help if you try what zork said in one of his tutorials...

Get a real life sheet of paper and mark the corners UL, UR, LL, LR (upper/lower left/right)

so then :SetTexCoord(ULx, ULy, LLx, LLy, URx, URy, LRx, LRy)
so when it is rightside up (0,0, 0,1, 1,0, 1,1)

so when we rotate the image clockwise 90 degrees (12 oclock to 3oclock) we get upperleft has LL, lower left has LR, upper right has UL and the lower right has the UR

so now we just plug it in

:SetTexCoord(0,1, 1,1, 0,0, 1,0)
Yah I will probably end up doing that, but if there is an easier way, using this shortcut function why not use it right? Not to mention I am curious as to why its doing this

I should probably clarify what I am doing... I have a speedometer like picture, and a texture that is effectively the needle for the speedometer. I would like to be able to just "overlay" the needle ontop of the speedometer and use a rotate function to twist the needle to the places on the speedometer I want.

I took these screenies trying out a a grid with and without a border like you suggested. And now I can kind of see how its resizing things... could the main issue here be the
Code:
tex:SetAllPoints(addon)
Command that is interfering?

Thank you guys for all the help by the way

EDIT: Using Zork's method the sizing is not an issue. Do you possibly have a link to the tutorial since I don't think I have ever seen his?

Last edited by lilgulps : 11-10-10 at 06:46 PM.