View Single Post
03-10-12, 01:57 PM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

They may fix a "few" bugs, but many others still remain. I pointed out a couple of them, in my original post. Those are important issues to me. Even Carbonite's own advertisement says, (paraphrased by me) -- "... if Blizzard's maps show it, then Carbonite will show it, too!". That is no longer a true statement.

I'd donate too, and much more than I have in the past, if I could only believe it wouldn't just 'vanish' somewhere without any serious improvements.

I have always loved this addon, and I have great respect for those geniouses who developed it. There's nothing else like it available, that I know of. I think it would be a terrible shame to have it fade away, after all the work that has been done to make it what it is. WoW has changed, but the addon authors haven't kept up with those changes. And, I understand why. It's not the main focus of their lives, and WoW itself is no longer as popular with as many people as it used to be. I still think it's one of the best games ever created for a PC, and I play it all the time. I'm 'house-bound' due to illness, so having this game is entertainment for me.

I understand your point. I merely wish that if they're going to let it die, that at least before then they could fix some of the more outstanding issues.

The Zygor Leveling Guide is one that charges for its use. I paid for it. I would gladly pay for this Carbonite Addon, if the developers found a LEGAL way to offer it, just as Zygor does. Zygor's meets Blizzard's legal requirements.

Anyway, unless I speak up, the Carbonite team members won't know that I really do love their work, and I continue hoping that they won't let it all vanish. If they do, well.... then, that will be the end of an exciting era!