View Single Post
04-03-12, 11:36 AM   #5
Tithulta
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I worry that it's dying, it is absolutely THE best MAP addon out there. nothing else comes close to the scalability. Quest tracker still works in most cases, though obviously some data for the newer stuff is missing. Unless blizzard breaks something that in turns breaks Carbonite I'm fine with no updates til Mist of Pandaren. If they aren't planning to support it in the near or distant future....well that will make me very sad. I paid for 3 subscriptions for the addon back in the day. Sadly I would love to pay them even now, just can't afford it. i'm sure their personal lives have been hurt with blizzards stance on Paid addons. I disagree with them on that point to this day. Carbonite was born from it, and outstanding addons like it will never exist as "Free" addons. You get serviceable addons, some mighty good addons like NUI, auctioneer, gatherer, recount, and countless others that thousands if not millions have used, currently use and can't live without. Come back to carbonite when its updated, or not, no one forces you to use it. Blizzards default UI isn't horrible, just unrefined. Have a good day and happy questing.

Last edited by Tithulta : 04-03-12 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling and clarification