Thread: Carbonite 5.04
View Single Post
09-02-12, 01:51 PM   #162
Draven006
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks, conflict, and Good Job

Rythal, thank you so much for your Fan Update for this, it is truly appreciated.
Many of us only wish that we could have done what you have achieved as a fan of Carbonite.
I have been using Carbonite since the days when you had to pay for it.
I remember buying Carbonite for two of my friends as a "thank you" for looking after my house when i went on holiday, and they loved it so much. 3 weeks later Blizz told Carbonite to stop charging. LOL but i was happy to have "paid/Donated" to them.

Anyway,

I know you are busy still getting it working and lining up maps etc, but is there place that we could post some conflicts?

eg
Archy (Addon) when on and active the zone maps dont appear when you mouse over them. I have posted this to the Author of Archy and this was his responce

"No sorry...

There's a few reasons for this:

1. Carbonite seems abandonware, most recent activity I see is from a user submitting unofficial fixes here (I'm not going to spend time trying to debug a 3rd party addon that might or might not be eventually updated by the original creators)

2. Carbonite code has been ran through an obfuscator in the past and though it's been unobfuscated somewhat to comply with Blizz addon policy, it's still very hard to follow, so even if I (1) didn't apply I'd rather gouge my own eyes out than try to debug it Tongue out

Your best bet is someone from the Carbonite users community finding out the problem.

Apologies I can't be of more help."

Bit Rude in my books but hey what does he care.

What i do know is that there will be a replacement for Archy out there, but there will NEVER be a replacement for Carbonite.

Thanks again Mate for your time, effort, and dedication.