View Single Post
03-02-13, 04:23 PM   #64
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Earlier, you stated that an Alpha channel was not required, but it appears that your graphic does use one. If there was no Alpha channel (used to set the 'background to transparent') then you'd have a rectangular "block" showing whatever the "Page" paper color was at the time you created the graphic with your graphics software program. Your 2 examples seem to show that.

A good example of what I'm saying is viewing your attachments on this forum page. This forum's topics page uses a "background" color which is not quite black (0,0,0) and one of your images display that fact.

Am I right, or am I still misunderstanding you? Sorry.

If users cannot output/convert images to ".BLP" hopefully, you or someone else can do that.
Well, the graphic as saved for the game does, indeed, have an Alpha Channel saved with it to make part of it transparent for two of the three graphics. Unfortunately, you can't post .tga's or .blp's or .psd's (Photoshops native file format) to the forums and have them show up. So, if you want to see them as saved for the game, here you go: Carbonite2Logo.zip
This zip file contains the .tga's, but also contains the original .psd Photoshop files, including the original with all of the various backgrounds I used.

You can get a utility here on WoWI to change the format of your graphics to .blp by doing an addon search for blp. Just put blp in the addon search box and you'll get a listing of the programs that you can use to convert .tga's and .png's to .blp's.

Just keep in mind that, currently, Carbonites graphic is in .tga format, so I'm guessing that in Carbonites code it calls for that particular file extension so the graphic must be in that format. I'm also guessing that there might be a way to have an addon call for the graphic without using a particular file extension and instead using just the location of it, but I'm not really sure about that.

As for my posted images not showing any transparency, I already mentioned the reason for that in the other post. Also, there is a partial black background on two of the images, but the original one I posted has the complete black background with no transparency. On my computer the images as posted show the transparency, but are smaller than original. When I click it to get a larger view, the transparent portions of it are shown in white. Why? I have absolutely no clue. All I can tell you is that they are PNG's which is supposed to preserve the images transparency. It does when I open the images in a graphics program and, on my computer at least, on the pics as originally posted on the web page. Why it doesn't when enlarged on the web, that's something someone else might be able to explain.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-02-13 at 04:28 PM.