View Single Post
03-02-13, 05:51 PM   #68
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
....Also, artwork that is screen printer ready is really a p.i.t.a to make. Unless, of course, you have the proper graphics program already (and by that I mean one that will do the graphic at the right format to work with their machines and save the right way) and have done that type of work before.
I'm an avid fan of Corel software (CorelDRAW (vector graphics) and Corel Paint (bitmap graphics), and have been for years. It is superb at creating printer-ready files. It'll out-perform Illustrator and Photoshop in so many ways. I don't want to start a discourse on this subject, though.

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
....If you only want one shirt (or maybe a couple), you'd probably be better off looking up the local airbrush artist and having them whip one up for you. Still not cheap, but cheaper than the screen printer by far, I bet.
Doing it right the 1st time, is always cheaper!

I'm now retired, but I was a master airbrush artist and a Senior Technical Illustrator and have worked for many fortune-500 companies. At many of those companies, I used AutoCad and trained other employees to use it. My specialty was 3D Solids Design and Isometric Illustrations. I started at The Boeing Company in Cape Canaveral, Florida in 1966. I was even once the "Art Chief" at the National Enquirer Newspaper in Lantana, FL. Had to airbrush photos to make them look 'snappy!' -- LOL. But now, I'm so old that I've forgotten just about everything I used to know!

Last edited by Kreelor : 03-03-13 at 05:56 PM. Reason: fixed typo; changed '5' to '500'