View Single Post
03-02-13, 06:31 PM   #70
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Yeah. I worked for someone that did commercial silk screening for a while, and this much I can tell you: If your design you want to have put on a t-shirt is anything more than basic black and white and you are planning to only have a couple of them printed, you better be sitting down when they tell you what the cost will be (and how long it'll take before you get them). Also, artwork that is screen printer ready is really a p.i.t.a to make. Unless, of course, you have the proper graphics program already (and by that I mean one that will do the graphic at the right format to work with their machines and save the right way) and have done that type of work before. And keep in mind that having the artwork won't necessarily save you a bunch of money. They still have to go over it to make sure everything is right, and that'll still cost you.

If you only want one shirt (or maybe a couple), you'd probably be better off looking up the local airbrush artist and having them whip one up for you. Still not cheap, but cheaper than the screen printer by far, I bet.
it's actually not that expensive anymore... I'm looking at a place here in toronto that's $30 for 1, $100 for 4 ... they will take any image you want and put it on the t-shirt, (they recommend the image be saved / blown up to the size of the shirt before you send it) ... they'll make the shirts in 5 minutes time. I'm not expecting the world for something i'll only wear once... not even sure if I would get them made / wear them :P it's just something i've been tossing around in my head.