View Single Post
11-24-13, 07:57 AM   #6
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
That was fast.

Using "repository" collectively was a terminological mistake -- my fault. I guess I should've said something like "a CVS".

It seems like the choice is between WoWI and external. I wasn't super happy with the ticketing system on WoWI the one time I used it to report something; though, I suppose the ticketing system can be independent as well (at least one addon I've made a lot of reports on uses Google Code just for ticketing). But, if all I lose is auto-zip and upload ... writing a script to get files from another CVS, zip it and upload it isn't too big of a lift. I suppose even the upload is scriptable if I do the HTTP POST manually. Then I could have almost everything in one place with just duplicated info pages on the addon sites.

WRT "documentation": I've become so accustomed to writing full comment headers, at work, for every (C#) method, property and class -- public, private or otherwise -- that code looks horribly barren without it. (The only thing we don't have to comment is private fields.) I think the lack of something equivalent to /// and the XML documentation support in Visual Studio will curb my enthusiasm a bit; though, anything accessible via the addon table is definitely going to get a header comment.

Thanks for the quick responses; and, you're right, Phanx: not doing something generally makes it seem more difficult than it really is.